Massa Products Corporation
Massa Products Corporation pioneered the field of electroacoustics, sonar, and ultrasonic technology. In our 70 year history, we have developed the core technology used in all ultrasonic and sonar products that exist today, and Massa has been awarded over 160 patents.
MASSA designs and manufactures MassaSonic® ultrasonic transducers, sensors and sonar systems for commercial-industrial and military use. In addition to a wide range of off-the-shelf ultrasonic sensor products and transducers, Massa provides various modifications and private label customizations to provide a design that can meet specific desired requirements. Massa has a strong customer focus and enjoys collaboration. Massa Products is located in Hingham, MA approximately 20 miles south of Boston and maintains certification for ISO-9001 quality standards. the products are CE, RoHS compliant.
MASSA Products & Capabilities:
- The MassaSonic® family of sensors include several product lines: PulStar®, FlatPack®, mPluse® and SonAire®.
- The extensive PulStar line includes the Standard, Plus and TTL models
- The SonAire line features both general use M3 and intrinsically safe M3is
- The MassaSonic Family of Ultrasonic Sensors are user friendly, provide a broad range of measurement capability, and have fast response times.
- Wired & Wireless configurations deliver an optimal solution for most monitoring needs, even in harsh environments – C1D1 / zone 0 capability is available.
- Massa can offer numerous application solutions beyond the off-the-shelf offerings.
- Massa is a Solution Partner - we can customize our designs to your specific needs.
- Massa’s unmatched capabilities extend to areas such as: in-fluid sonar sensors, harbor & ocean surveying, underwater transponders & beacons, surveillance, sub-bottom profiling and more.
Massa Products Corporation is a recognized leader in electroacoustic engineering and production. The company's history sets it apart from others. Frank Massa was a patriarch of his family, his business and the field of electroacoustics. Massa maintains private family ownership, and is governed today under family leadership and successful because of a loyal and knowledgeable team of employees considered as extended family.
Frank Massa founded Massa in 1945. He co-wrote the first engineering text book in the field titled "Applied Acoustics" (Olson & Massa, 1934 2nd ed. 1939). Prior to that, he attended MIT on full scholarship and graduated top in class with the designation Swope Fellow. He delivered new designs and improvements of existing technologies and has a focus on quality and production, which remains as an integral component of the business today. In the 1950s he received a letter of commendtion from the Secretary of the U.S. Navy for his achievements in transducer development and for the technology being a critical component that enabled the Allies to prevail in WWII.
Currently Massa continues with Frank’s son (Donald) and granddaughter (Dawn) holding key leadership roles in the business. Donald P. Massa is the President & CTO, and continues to lead innovation of new designs and systems. He played a major role in developing the entire MassaSonic line of sensors. Dawn, in the role of New Products Manager, is focused on bringing new capabilities to fruition.
Massa Products Corporation